My sister took a peaceful photo of some Canada Geese at her cottage.
This is called "Watching Over You" because the main Canada Goose in the painting is watching the siblings and he is the brightest one in the painting. We can feel him here with us.
This is for everyone who feels someone is watching over them or a sense of peace and comfort with this artwork. There are six Canada Geese for all six of us children and we are all together in this work. As we are in our hearts and spirit with love and happiness being projected through the colours and light.
I hope it makes you happy too and feel at peace somehow.
Some information about the Canada Goose from PreserveWildlife.com
ABOUT CANADA GEESE
NATURE, DESCRIPTION, AND BEHAVIOR OF CANADA GEESE:
The Canada goose is very majestic because of its size, markings, graceful movement, and its well-known devotion to its mate and family. Canada geese are very loyal and emotional towards each other, and have strong family values; a mate will be itself in danger to protect the mate, and parents will also place themselves in danger to protect the young. If one of a mated pair or a family member is injured, a goose will go down with the injured goose, and guard the injured goose until it recovers or dies. The giant Canada goose may weigh up to 15-20 pounds.
HABITAT/TERRITORY FORMATION: Canada geese like to live in wetland habitats, which provide the necessary food, water, shelter, and breeding grounds for them. Canada geese have well defined and defended territories. It is during the nesting season that Canada geese get a reputation of being aggressive, although it is always the human approaching posing as a threat or predator, that is at fault. Humans need to understand the behavior of wildlife such as a wild bird, and not approach the nesting goose or the gander guarding his mate.
SECRET BEHAVIORS ABOUT CANADA GEESE YOU MAY NOT HAVE NOTICED (NOT SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN, JUST MY OBSERVATIONS):
(1) Canada geese can sleep with one eye open, and one eye shut. This is to watch for predators.
(2) Canada geese have eyelids that shut from bottom to top. YOU NEVER EVEN THOUGHT THAT GEESE HAD EYELIDS, DID YOU?
(3) Canada geese stand on one foot when they are tired, but do this more often in the winter to keep them selves warm.
(4) Canada geese sleep standing up. It is mostly the male goose that stands while sleeping, since they guard the entire group.
(5) Canada geese will honk when a helicopter flies over, but will not make honking noises when an airplane flies over.
(6) When looking up to the sky, Canada geese will tilt the head to one side, and look up with one eye.
(7) Canada geese have incredible memories. I have run into geese that I haven't seen for years, and they greet me just as if we had seen each other days ago. Canada geese greet humans with a low grunting sound.
(8) Canada geese love to socialize with humans. Dogs not so much.
(9) Mates love bite each other as they lie next to each other.
(10) Canada geese wag their tail after bathing.
(11) Canada geese will wink back at you (if they know you), if you wink at them first.
Dedicated to our brother Chris.
And all of those who have lost or are missing a loved one. They are Watching Over You.
Art copyright Claire Bull. Watermark does not appear on the item purchased.
September 25th, 2015
Viewed 1,124 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 09/16/2023 at 2:03 PM